Roger visiting in Watford market
What is Chaplaincy?
"Providing a listening ear and building bridges of understanding and trust between work, faith, leisure and society."
What is a Chaplain?
• A person who interacts with people for their emotional and spiritual well being.
• A chaplain's visits are organised with the agreement of the management and staff.
• A chaplain remains independent of the company he or she visits.
• A chaplain as a representative of a local faith community, acts as a bridge builder with the work place.
• The Chaplaincy service is open to all without discrimination and is confidential.Confidentiality covers all aspects of a chaplain's work, including individual conversations and information about the company.
• Chaplains are motivated by the faith tradition they come from. They are not there to preach but to offer care, comfort and a listening ear.
The Chaplaincy is not a formal counselling service and should be regarded as complementing existing provisions and services.
WTCC is a member of the Alliance of Town and City Chaplaincies